In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

243 Savage

YoterYoter Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited November 2006 in Ask the Experts
I found a 3 year old Savage 243 rifle with scope,and sling.It has had one box of shells shot thru it.That's all i know about it,and know that isn't much information,but would like to get an idea what it's worth.Any estimates of what it might be worth?

Comments

• Options
    Huntingnerd33Huntingnerd33 Member Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one that's 2 years old, scope and sling I paid $350 for it brand new. I don't know what it would be worth now, but that's a starting point anyway. I would guess around $275-$300.
  • Options
    YoterYoter Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's the price range i was thinking,but didn't know.Thank you for your input Huntingnerd.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yoter,

Savage rifles continue, in my opinion, to be about the best value out there. If it is 3 yrs old I'm going to assume it's a 110 or 111? possibly a model 12? The 110 or 111 will run right around what was stated before. $250-$350. They are great rifles and if you reload, the .243 is an outstanding cartridge.
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought one like you describe,243, plastic stock with scope and sling, factory package I think from a guy carrying it around at a gun show.I gave 200 bucks for it but that was an exceptional good deal.Probably the best money I have ever spent on a rifle.