In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

M4 AR Optics

skymanskyman Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
edited March 2008 in Ask the Experts
Need some advice. I need some optics for an M4 AR 15. Looking to spend about 300.00. Thinking halo/red dot. Something neat, practical and good for entry and reaching out and touching someone. Wuold go to 400.00 for the right combo. Pics or datra on whta works in this price range.

I've looked on line but to many choices and I'm not versed enough on optics to pick something without hearing from users.

Thanks,
Skyman

Comments

• RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    EOTech 552

IMG_0249.jpg
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • dcinffxvadcinffxva Member Posts: 2,830 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I got mine, American Rifleman had just done a comparison on the optics currently in use by the military. The EOTech ranked just a little below the ACOG, and was less than half the price. I ended up picking up an EOTech 552 because it uses AA batteries, instead of the watch batteries that you can't always find. They are in the $400.00 range, but well worth it IMHO.

Good timing on the pic [:D]

I was already typing as you were posting !
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Go with the EOtech 552. You can't go wrong.
  • skymanskyman Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like it--thanks for the input. I'm challenged in other than scopes and hard sites so how does this work with the flip up sights as shown in your pic?
  • dcinffxvadcinffxva Member Posts: 2,830 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The flip up sight is used if your batteries happen to fail during an indian attack. You just flip it into position, and use it as a regular sight looking through the optics. They aren't used together.