In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

hard bullet casing question

McGooMcGoo Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited April 2008 in Ask the Experts
Where is the caliber on the bullet casing that reads:
CGST*1341 ?
it is a military cartridge

thanks

Comments

• Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    It doesn't look like it's there. That looks like maker data and could the 3 be a 9?
    I have a couple of books at work that would tell me the manufacturing plant from that info, but I'm not there right now. If you could publish a close up photo of the cartridge, either myself or someone else may be able to ID it for you.
  • Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The closest I can come up with is just CG "Bofors Carl Gustaf AB, (Formerly FFV F?renede Fabriksverken), Van?sverken, Karlsborg, Sweden (and since 1998, NAMMO Van?sverken. Carl Gustaf name is no longer used, but "CG will continue to be used as a headstamp)". But I think I can fill in some more, ST is a steel case (try touching the case with a magnet), and 41 would be the year of production. 13 I don't know, unless it's a 19 as previously suggested.

Dimentions would help, bullet diameter and case (only) length being the most important numbers to know