In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mod 70 Sporter Varmint part

cattle buyercattle buyer Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
edited April 2008 in Ask the Experts
Firing pin spring retainer washer .Mine hit the roof running 150mph, 3 hours on my knees and still no washer, Numrich says they are out, any help? very best

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Winchester or MFR # is 12417, a $4.10 part Id give $10.00 for this morning!
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cattle buyer,

Try Brownells, they stock repair parts for a lot of firearms. If you don't have a catalog, call their 800 number.

Midway lists the part but they are out-of-stock.

Jack First might have some.

Failing all of this, it's a simple part and could be made by someone with a lathe.

Best.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks folks for the info,I finally found the dog damn washer and my office,shop gunroom got a half * spring cleaning in the process,my safety is still to hard to move off fire,Im gonna try a new local smith as all the good ole ones have retired or crossed the creek in my area.This thing shoots like a house afire with the cheap Winchester USA 40 pk Wally World 22-250 45gr ammo, .5 to .75 100 yd 5shot groups with a cheap BSA 8x24 power AO scope. very best