In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Parker Brothers and Fried Krupp

johncogginsjohncoggins Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2008 in Ask the Experts
I have inherited a 1905 Parker Brothers 16ga. side by side that is totally engraved with dogs, birds and hunters and came in a hand made saddle case. The Fried Krupp is also a 16ga, and is totally engraved and comes in a hand made saddle case. Looks to be a late 1800s or very early 1900s make. Both guns ae in excellent condition. I am looking for an approximate value ont these guns. I am thinking I am sitting on a small fortune here. Any one wnat to take a stab at valuing these guns for me?

Comments

• Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello John,

Not without seeing detailed pictures of both guns. I can tell you that the Parker Bros. gun is going to be the more valueable of the two (at least here in the U.S.A.).
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,107 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Because of the vast difference in quality of engraving and the figure in the wood Pictures up close detailed and in focus are a must to come up with any thing more then a Wild A Guess as to value . You are very lucky To have been given these 2 Shotguns.
  • Options
    MPMP Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Fried Krupp" is the name of the steel maker that the barrels are made from. Need to post all the markings on the bottom of the barrels and action.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    John- both of those are likely to be "special" enough that a simple blue book listing won't cut ti- you need an appraisal- which will require pics and some detailed info. From the home page of gunbroker, an appraisal service: http://www.gun-appraisals.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=wiw2u.templates&act=form&templates_ID=209&msg=&err=

And congratulations!
  • Options
    101AIRBORNE101AIRBORNE Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    John welcome,
    Let us know what is stamped on the water table for the Parker.
    Barrel length, single or double triggers, splinter or beaver
    front wood, percentage of original case colors on the action,
    percentage of original blue on the barrels and trigger guard,
    bore condition, lock up conditions, percentage of original finish
    on the walnut, etc.
    Best