In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

32 short colt

helimanheliman Member Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2008 in Ask the Experts
is 32 short colt ammo the same as 32 s&w short?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I was given a nearly full box of 32 short colt ammunition. What firearms are chambered for this round? Can it be used in a revolver chambered in 32 long colt? The Remington box has a styrafoam shell holder. 60's production, I think. It has 45 rounds. What is it worth? Thanks for the help.[?]
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,996 ******
    edited November -1
    this is still made (win. lists it) and yes you can shoot it in a .32 long chambered gun. There were many small revolvers and some rifles chambered for this. The marlin m-92 in .32 came with 2 firing pins, 1-for .32 rimfire ammo and one for the short or long colt. Note; this is not for guns chambered for .32 s&w or .32 new police.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks! It's good to know about the S&W no-no. I will pass on the warning to the next person who gets this ammo.[:)]
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 32 Short Colt is also just about the equal of the 320 European revolvler cartridge. As the man said, smaller diameter than 32 S&W.