In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mossberg 935

JGR2018JGR2018 Member Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
edited May 2008 in Ask the Experts
I bought a Mossberg 935 26" barrel this year for a turkey gun but wanted to run some shells through it before the season started. My question is will this gun cycle 2 3/4" 1350 f.p.s. 8 shot. Typically I shoot sporting clays obviously 2 3/4" shells, but wanted to break the gun in and at least shoot it before the hunt. The only place to shoot here is a the range. Again, I know this is not a clay gun. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    A friend brought to me aMossberg 935 that won't fire. He won the gun from a Turkey Federation banquet. In examining the gun I can see into the ejection port behind the bolt.When the trigger is pulled, I can see that the hammer is about 1/8" short of meeting the firing pin.After removing the trigger group, it appears there is nothing out of place. Also the firing pin protrudes from the back of the bolt approx. 3/16". The bolt itself measures about 3" long. Any help would be appreciated!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Looking at a Mossberg 935 for a lower cost backup, any thoughts pro or con? thanks
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shot one for two years. No problems. Like a 3&1/2 inch guns keep the chamber clean.
  • Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    Friends dad has one no problems. Minor mishaps mossberg is pretty good to talk to as well.