In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

45 auto mauser rifle?

GarthGarth Member Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
edited May 2008 in Ask the Experts
maybe someone here in the forums could answer my question. a few years ago i saw a "kit" to rechamber a mauser rifle into a 45 auto rifle. havent seen them since, anywhere. does anyone know where i might find this now? thankyou!

Comments

• Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    I remember a kit to convert the Spanish "Destroyer" carbines to .45 ACP. Probably easier to find a completed one than a kit nowadays.
  • Options
    TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't remember the name but a company that sold .45 barrels and kits went out of business 1 or 2 years ago. I was going to buy a .45 mag barrel from them and went to their website and found that they no longer exisisted.
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    The company was Rhineland arms. Another company was gearing up to make these, but I cant remember the name.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    were the "destroyer" mausers better in some way and how exactly was that model different from any other model? is there any way to find out or does anyone know who is making that kit now? thanks!
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    The destoyer guns are no better, and infact could be of less quality. The Spanish mausers have a histroy track record for softer metal than other makes of mausers.
  • Options
    dat32dat32 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Garth,
    Rhineland went under I had to threaten to charge with fraud to get the two kits I paid for. Interested in one contact me at
    dat52@bellsaouth.net
  • Options
    edited November -1
    im interested. cant seem to contact you for some reason so, hopefully you see this message and contact me again. thanks