In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

mauser 45 kits

GarthGarth Member Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
edited June 2008 in Ask the Experts
im checking once more to see if anyone knows where i might find a 45 conversion kit for a mauser rifle. apparently the original company who maufactured them went out of business and im also hearing that there could be a different company manufacturing them now. any help would be much appreciated. thanks.

Comments

• Options
    5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    Only outfit making a 45 conversion makes it for the Enfield and not Mauser. Try sprecialinterestfirearms.com. They make some really cool stuff, but its all for the Enfield.
  • Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    I wanted a rhineland kit, and contacted them right after they stopped offering them. They didn't have any barrels left, but suggested that I contact ER Shaw and ask them, since that is who supplied their barrels.

I think you should be able to get a 45 barrel and have it threaded for a mauser of your choice (mine was a small ring spanish) if you still want to do something like this. If you do, the "hard" part will be converting/setting up a magazine...

There is also a machinists forum that has description on how one guy did the whole thing himself, including cutting the receiver and shortening it to make a single shot that didn't have a "mile of bolt throw".
  • Options
    GarthGarth Member Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i already have an enfield converted to 45. i now am interested in converting a mauser. the barrel is the easy part. im not sure on how to convert for a 45 magazine. thats the reason i was looking to buy a kit. is there one for sale anywhere? thanks!