In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

robinson arms m96

joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
edited June 2008 in Ask the Experts
anyone have or know anyone that has a robinson arms m96 rifle? any feedback would be appreciated.

Comments

• joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    I'm picking mine up tomorrow - a bit of a challenge to find in California. I got the rifle with 20" bbl and green furniture. Does anyone have one and if so, how do you like it? Any tips on what ammo works well, peculiarities of the rifle?

Aside from Robinson, I'm not seeing a whole lot by way of aftermarket items. Any sites or aftermarket stuff?
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is a very fine rifle, that is somewhat a copy of the Stoner 63. It is well ahead of its time, and is almost totally modular, as it can be changed from rifle to carbine configuration by a quick barrel change. They are price, but then again, so is anything that is good.
  • AZEXAZEX Member Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    good luck getting other accessories for it.

Robinson said that the top feed would be out in 6 mos, took 3 years.

Then discontinued in anticipation of the XCR, which they thought would win the SCAR rifle trials....yeah, right.

D.
  • cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is an unsupported orphan.

Like the Bushmaster M17

CP
  • Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    Only much cooler than the M17
  • cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wehrmacht_45