In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Value for Ruger MKII MK-4B Blue 4" Bull Target

hartbiohartbio Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited April 2010 in Ask the Experts
Curious on a price estimate for the following Ruger MKII.
The best I have been able to determine: Catalog number MK-4B. These were made between 1996 and 1998; this one's serial number is in 1997. Sometimes referred to as MK-4B Compact. It is a unique blued version of the MKII with a 4" bull barrel, adjustable target sights, laminated thumb-rest un-checkered grip. This is not the Lipsey's model; this unit has a silver colored logo and trigger. Second owner here. First one said he put 150 rounds through it; I put another 100. It is very perfect; I can not see a scratch or wear mark on it. Complete with plastic case, little padlock, two mags, and manual. I'd be happy to provide additional pictures. Thanks.
IMG_0476.jpg
IMG_0477.jpg
IMG_0481.jpg

Comments

• Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not sure on the value but I really, Really like it.
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    well MkII blued 5 1/2" models are selling in the $300 to 350 range so seeing as how the 4" is really hard to find i would guess it should bring another 50 to 75 over what the 5 1/2" version does
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sweet grips.

I like it too, though I have to say, with a bull barrel gun, my personal preference would be for a 5.5" bbl, and I think this sort of reasoning is probably why the 4" bull bbl guns are scarce.

250 rounds fired is barely even broken in. Heck, I'd put that through the gun the first day I had it!

In what you describe as excellent condition, but fired, and with original case, accessories, and those nice grips, I'd agree you're looking at a $400 gun to the right buyer.
  • Options
    hartbiohartbio Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the quick responses. Appreciate the input from experienced members.