In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

American Arms Regulator 3 inch barrell 45LC

ElkponyElkpony Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited April 2010 in Ask the Experts
I have in my possession a Regulator 3 inch barrell 45 Long Colt made by American Arms. It is birdhead grip, possibly Ivory, not sure, can not find anything about this particular gun anywhere.Hope that you may be able to give me a little info or direction to go with this piece. will send you pics just ask TKS

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might try GOOGLEing American Arms for starters. It might be the outfit out of Kansas City that imported and sold a lot of foreign made guns in the 90's.

If it is the same American Arms? It would probably be one of the Italian made SAA knock-offs similar to the ones EMF has imported and sold for the last 25 years.

Check the auctions lots of the EMF's show up on them. Yours would be in the same ball park.
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a 5 1/2" Regulator years ago--they are just made by Uberti and then imported by American Arms who is now out of business. In 2000 TriStar took over their inventory but they do not do any warranty work on the older guns. More than likely not realy ivory stocked-you would have to test them to see. Good shooter gun. The MSRP on the Regulators was a little over $300. The Blue Book doesn't list a 3" version but that doesn't mean a distributor didn't special order some and those might not be listed.