In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

U.S.Arms .22 long rifle I need help please

blastpointblastpoint Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited April 2010 in Ask the Experts
I have a .22 long rifle that has the brand name U.S. Arms. DIV. A.I.G Inc.stamped on the barrle. Model # PMA-1. I am missing the mag and I can't find any information at all about the gun. My local gun store tryed to match a mag with no success. The gun is in fair - good shape It also had some type of folding handle as part of the fore grip this has been broken off. Help me find the parts for this gun or at least some information Email me at duganbrujah@comcast.net

Comments

• Options
    hslaterprycehslaterpryce Member Posts: 927 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pictures always help but 1 question; is the fore end that becomes a "handle" made of black plastic? Does it fold down on a pin type hinge attached to the wood stock? Photos will help a great deal.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes I believe the handle was some type of plastic there wasn't much left when I got the gun. It was attached to the foregrip with a bolt and nut that was also the strap loop. and there is some type of spring loaded stop or lock inside the foregrip. I will try to post some pictures.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The rifles that jump to mind are the Mossberg 152/ 152K for semis, and the 142 for bolt action. Fold down forearm and the hinge point holds the front sling swivel. Follow this link, scroll down to 142 and 152, see if that looks like yours. If not, edit your first post to say no, and I'll delete this to leave room for wiser folks than me. http://home.epix.net/~damguy/models.htm
    Edit- glad it helped some. If it shares parentage with a Mossberg, and Mossy mags will work, you can get them from Vic Havlin at havlinsales.com- drop him an email and ask. And I only mention a source outside GB because they are RARELY on here.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    11b6r Dude!!! your the best! That link got me closer to figuring this out. The model 352K and 353 are almost exactly what I have. Same slide. safty is in the same location. The hardware is put together almost exactly the same. Their is the same type of guide /slide bar in the magazine reciever. As though the mag is suppose to slide onto this guide. which I have never seen on any other gun. I will still find a way to post the pictures in case this can help someone else out. Thank you to everyone