In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Walther ppk pre-war?? help again

shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in Ask the Experts
Need a little help with this Walther, It has the "crown N" proof and the serial number is 179539. I looked at some of the completed auctions to try and come up with an expected price and there are so many variations and prices all over the place I just thought I would see what your guys estimated value is on it. It comes with what looks like an original holster along with an extra walther marked magazine. What year was it made and what will it bring on a true auction(penny start no reserve)?

here are some pics:

DSCF08412.JPG

DSCF08422.JPG

DSCF08462.JPG

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very late "Crown N", 1939. Nice rig, to bad about the pitting on the slide though. It looks like it had been stored in the holster, unfortunately. This will detract a lot from it's collectors value.

Cosmetics is big thing to the guys who would be willing to pay top buck for a rig like this. If it was just holster wear it would sell easy. With the pitting it's 70/80%, maybe $400 to $600 to a newby collector, on a budget.

Being it's a very late "Crown N" just before the krauts went to the "Eagle N" proofs in 1940, this might have added collector value to a hard core Walther collector even though it has the pitting on the slide?
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    shootuadeal...as Rufe as stated, not a collector piece due to the condition issues. Nice grips, however, and by themselves they could bring $200 or so. Mags are also valuable. Is the holster Waffen marked or not (check under the flap)...could also be worth some $. As a set, I peg it in this down market $6-700 tops on a good day. Collectors pieces go twice+ that. I have a similiar one in my collection that I use as a shooter and sometimes CC. Not pretty, but very accurate! Good luck.