In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington 11-87 magazine tube

MJM49MJM49 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited May 2010 in Ask the Experts
I have an 11-87 that needs a new magazine tube. Hopefully you can see the photos, the magazine tube has two sections cut out and I think t needs replaced. The seller advised me it should work like it is, but after seeing it I have my doubts.

Can anyone tell me how the magazine tube is attached to the receiver?
I can not see a weld or soder, it may be pressed or threaded but I can't tell for sure.

I have found schematics for the 11-87 parts but none list the magazine tube part number. I would like to buy the part and carry both the tube and reciever to a gunsmith if need be.

Thanks for your help
I appreciate it,

Comments

• Options
    robert smithrobert smith Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    remington does not sell the magazine tubes. you will have to send the shotgun to them if you have to replace the tube. the tubes are attached with the highest temperature solder that i have ever heard of. it is in 1600 degree range. this temperature will require rebluing of the receiver. contact remington for current pricing on the repair. i could not see any pictures posted.
  • Options
    MJM49MJM49 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by robert smith
    remington does not sell the magazine tubes. you will have to send the shotgun to them if you have to replace the tube. the tubes are attached with the highest temperature solder that i have ever heard of. it is in 1600 degree range. this temperature will require rebluing of the receiver. contact remington for current pricing on the repair. i could not see any pictures posted.

Thanks for the info, I just called a Remington repair center and a gunsmith said the same thing. FYI tube is $58 labor is 65. Just in case anyone else needs the info.