In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Beretta Neos .22 Question

jefflegerjeffleger Member Posts: 98 ✭✭
edited June 2011 in Ask the Experts
I purchased the carbine kit today at a local gunshop on clearance for $160. Seemed like a good deal but now I have the barrel and grips with no use for them. The pistol was almost new. I would say no more than 50 rounds. I thought about selling them here on gunbroker but before I do, I was wonering if it were possible to buy the receiver, trigger and bolt assembly seperate. Basically everything but the barrel and the grips. I thought I may be able to build another, since I already have some parts. I just do not know where to buy and price this or if it is even worth it. Any info would be appreciated. I also have the same question with a mossberg 500. I purchased a brand new 500 some months back but decided to buy a rifled barrel along with a synthetic stock and handguard. So now I have a brand new barrel with the stock and forend. Before I sell the barrel and furniture, is it possible to just buy the receiver and piece together another 500? Would anyone know what something like this would cost for both these projects. Thanks

Jeff

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In both insentiences the serial numbered receiver is the firearm as far as the feds are concerned. Most manufacturers either won't sell them, or will charge almost as much as a new gun just for the serial numbered receiver.

Unless you can pick up receivers in good shape at the right price from basket cases, I would just sell the parts on the auction. As it would likely cost more then you could get for them buying new receivers and the other required parts to make complete guns.
  • Options
    catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    What length barrel? If it's a 6 inch there might be a market for it over on the auction side. I have a 4.5 inch version and would consider getting a 6er if I could find one.