In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

hk tru dot

tone59tone59 Member Posts: 672 ✭✭
edited June 2011 in Ask the Experts
if a heckler & koch usp compact pistol has tru dot sights,does it mean the gun has night sights or are some hk usp tru dot sights non- illumlnated?

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    The easy way to tell what you have is to carry the pistol into a dark room and if they glow in the dark you know that they are illuminated. Tru Dots are about a $100 option on HK pistols
  • Options
    tone59tone59 Member Posts: 672 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have not seen a hk usp up close.some sellers advertise thier gun with tru dots.other sellers advertise tru dot night sights.i am curious to know if there is a difference.or are they all night sights when tru dot?
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    There are Tru-Dot fiber optic sights that shine when light hits them.
    There are also Tru-Dot night sights that have tritium vials in them that glow in the dark.
    Tru-Glow makes both.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcs shooters
    There are Tru-Dot fiber optic sights that shine when light hits them.

There are also Tru-Dot night sights that have tritium vials in them that glow in the dark.

Tru-Glo[w] makes both.

Yes.

Both types (tritium night sights and fiber optic sights) are also available as aftermarket options for the HK pistols.

Unfortunately, the HK website doesn't list tru-glo sights for the USP pistols as a factory option right now.

My *guess* is that like most of the other manufacturers, the factory option would be for night sights, but I think the best thing to do is just clarify with the seller with the gun in question. IE, ask the seller what they have.

If they glow in the dark, then they're night sights. If they are come combination of red and green or have obvious fiber optic tubes, then they are fiber-optic sights.