In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

winchester 1873 info needed

trainman115trainman115 Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
edited June 2011 in Ask the Experts
Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me out I have 2 sxs hammer shotguns one is a remington 16 ga 1889 model and the other is a E.James side lever sxs hammer gun 12 GA and I have this friend that wants me to trade hin for a 1873 winchester 44-40 the problem is the barrel may have been cut its a shorter barrel it doesnt have the barrel band just a end cap so I belive it was a rifle next problem the mag tube spring is missing as well as the end cap . I know them parts are aviable the big problem the lever hangs down some is it suppose too??? the gun cycles fine but the lever hang down is there something woren in there? would this be a half decent trade?? Any help will be greatly appreciated I would say both my sxs's are average + condition for there age

Comments

• Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello Ed,

Without the benefit of actually seeing the gun (or several clear pictures of it), it is not possible to make the determination you are seeking. That stated, if the Model 1873 has altered (cut-down barrel and magazine tube), and the mag tube spring and cap are missing, it is very doubtful that you would be making an equitable trade.
  • Options
    trainman115trainman115 Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank You Mr. Bert

Without the benefit of actually seeing the gun (or several clear pictures of it), it is not possible to make the determination you are seeking. That stated, if the Model 1873 has altered (cut-down barrel and magazine tube), and the mag tube spring and cap are missing, it is very doubtful that you would be making an equitable trade.

[/quote]