In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Any info on these?

lkanneslkannes Member Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in Ask the Experts
My neighbor showed these items to me today. The chain and revolver he brought back from Germany in the earl 50's. His brother brought the knife back before that. [img][/img]IMG00177-20120327-1906.jpg
This chain appears to be made of brass. There are about 30 links.
[img][/img]IMG00176-20120327-1904.jpg
The barrel appears to be approximately 22 calibre, however the cylinder looks to hold some type of bottleneck cartridge. A 22lr shell will fit into the cyinder about 1/4 inch. The exit end of the cylinder apears to be about .17 cal.
[img][/img]IMG00175-20120327-1903.jpg
This hole in the barrel appears to have been drilled at an angle into the bore.
[img][/img]IMG00174-20120327-1903.jpg

[img][/img]IMG00173-20120327-1902.jpg

[img][/img]IMG00172-20120327-1856.jpg

[img][/img]IMG00171-20120327-1855.jpg

[img][/img]IMG00168-20120327-1855.jpg
This picture tries to show the markings on the blade. it is an RZ (over) W below that is 7/52

Comments

• Options
    hrfhrf Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The revolver is a German blank gun, and should only chamber .22 Short blanks, with no bullet. The discharge vents through the hole in top of barrel, and the barrel should not be bored all the way through.

A similar example shown here (scroll down to 2nd gun):

http://www.littlegun.info/arme allemande/artisan o p q r/a paatz gb.htm
  • Options
    FUUN063FUUN063 Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That blank firing gun almost looks Belgian to me, but I could be wrong. Are there any marks when it is diassembled?

Leland
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm thinking the "chain" is for the dress dagger.
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    The knife is the standard GI bringback from WWII in Europe....a Hitler Youth(HJ)knife (see Saving Private Ryan). Not in very good condition and I think I see through the blur the RZM mark. There are lots of HJ knives on the market as they were so common. Lots of fakes too. Like guns, condition is everything and this one is wanting in that dept.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FUUN063
    That blank firing gun almost looks Belgian to me, but I could be wrong. Are there any marks when it is diassembled?

Leland

The only marks are the number 6 on the side of the frame and on the back of the cylinder the numbers 5 and 7.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gary wray
    The knife is the standard GI bringback from WWII in Europe....a Hitler Youth(HJ)knife (see Saving Private Ryan). Not in very good condition and I think I see through the blur the RZM mark. There are lots of HJ knives on the market as they were so common. Lots of fakes too. Like guns, condition is everything and this one is wanting in that dept.

Yes it is a bad picture, couldn't get a decent close up eith my phone, it is RZM.