In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CETME sight adjustment

nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in Ask the Experts
Was shooting a buddies Cetme last weekend. He just bought it and it worked Ok considering the price, but it shoots high and to the left. What is the proper way to adjust the sights on it (other than aim low and right? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    any way to adjust the windage on my CETME?
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Windage adjustments are made with the front sight. On a genuine CETME there is a lock screw that secures the front sight and once that is loosened the sight adjustment tool is inserted through a small opening in the front sight ring and the blade moved to change the point of impact.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,745 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am beginning to feel a giveaway, ,,,is in order,,,in about 2 more weeks of fooling around.[:0]
  • Options
    heavyironheavyiron Member Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't see well enough to use the peep sight on the Cetme. Even if I could I am not sure the sights would be all that clear.

Have you ever considered a red dot? Easy to install and much faster on target.

Food for thought.

Best,

Heavyiron
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mark christian
    Windage adjustments are made with the front sight. On a genuine CETME there is a lock screw that secures the front sight and once that is loosened the sight adjustment tool is inserted through a small opening in the front sight ring and the blade moved to change the point of impact.

Found the lock screw already. It allows the front post to be adjusted for height, but not windage.
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    The post is offset, so as you rotate the front sight tool it moves L/R.

11w50nc.jpg
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nemesisenforcer

Found the lock screw already. It allows the front post to be adjusted for height, but not windage.

Read the post above by Txs.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nemesisenforcer

Read the post above by Txs.

got it.