In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

rimfire dovetail specs?????

cody45cody45 Member Posts: 570 ✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in Ask the Experts
3/8" standard american "tipoff" dovetail vs:

11 mm european dovetail. how are they measured?

thanx in advance

Comments

• Options
    jaegermisterjaegermister Member Posts: 692 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take a caliper and slide it in to the groove. A standard US rimfire mount will not tighten small enough to hold. Check out air rifle mounts most are 11mm. Then each manufacturer sells his own european mount.
    Best off check out midway there I bought a 11mm to standard weaver detachable mount with levers. See thru base too. You bolt on (allen screws) the 11mm base and from then on detach with near return to zero any weaver standard center fire mount 1 inch or 30mm tube scope.
    Sorry do not remember the part number. Also I think Cabelas has this too.
  • Options
    williwmwilliwm Member Posts: 194 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 3/8' type is measured at the narrow part of the groove, but the 11mm type is measured at the widest part. The angle of the cut is also different. The measurements are very close, some brand rings will work on either.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Weaver and Burris 3/8" work fine on the few CZ 452s I use. I agree there's a difference and suppose it's best to go with the 11mm on the Euro guns, but I just have too many of the 3/8" rings laying about to buy the others.