In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ruger 10/22 gatling gun kit convert?

D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
edited March 2012 in Ask the Experts
Would it be possible i.e easy to convert one of those 10/22 gatling gun kits to use with 2 remington 597's? Anyone have a kit & 597 to see?

Comments

• Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Probably not easy. Pretty sure those gatling kits are made for specific model guns, ie, the 10-22. Unless they come out with one specific to the 597, I doubt it would be an easy mod.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Henry0Reilly
    Can you get drum magazines for the Remington 597? Even if you could set up the rifle part of it, how would you feed it?

edit = typo

No drums but I do have several 30rd mags that work well.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    The kit for the 10/22's isn't worth the money. They take hours and hours to attempt to get both actions to feed and fire along with several bricks of ammo - they will for a very short time and then the one with the 'up' receiver jams again.

Not worth the $$ unless you want something to sit on a shelf for display purposes.

At least that is my experience.

Thanks I've never messed with one so I didn't know how hard it was to get it to work right. Guess I'll spend the money on more ammo.[:p]