In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Brass 45 ACP ?????

96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
edited June 2008 in Ask the Experts
I had a guy hand me about 15lbs of .45 ACP brass. He said you can have it. Later he told me just to give him what I thought it was worth. I low balled him an said $25.00. He said that was too low. I have no idea if it's 2nd, 3rd, you name it fired. That said, what is a fair offer?

Comments

• Options
    haroldchrismeyerharoldchrismeyer Member Posts: 2,213
    edited November -1
    If he said you can have it, the fair price is zero. 15 pounds is about 1100 rounds, and at 50 per thousand, it is worth about 55 dollars.
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Under the circumstances I'd give it back to him. If I tell someone they can have something, that's what I mean. You have no idea of it's history, and he had no use for it or he wouldn't have offered it to you in the first place. $25.00 was a reasonable offer.
  • Options
    ltslts Member Posts: 811 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would let him have it back and suggest he stuff it you know where. He gave it to you and then changed his mind, that sir, is real B.S. I have sorted boxed once fired if you like.
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    After he said the 25 bucks was not enough, I would have handed it back to him and walked away. Hell, he gave it to you in the first place.
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Give it back. Value isn't the issue. It's propriety. Joe
  • Options
    Wolf.Wolf. Member Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ====
    I agree with the others.

At this point, I wouldn't have that tainted brass if he gave me $50.00 plus the brass! Mixing that stuff with my own brass would make me remember this incident every time I went to reload my brass.

Box it up and give it back to him. If he says "no, you go ahead and keep it", just tell him, "no, it's not of enough importance for me to change my opinion of you"! Besides, as I said, you probably don't want to mix it with your brass now.....bad juju. Now you know enough about the guy to know you don't want to know any more about him, or to associate with him.
  • Options
    96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you gentlemen. I appears as though it will be going back.
  • Options
    flyingtorpedoflyingtorpedo Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wolf.
    ====
    I agree with the others.

At this point, I wouldn't have that tainted brass if he gave me $50.00 plus the brass! Mixing that stuff with my own brass would make me remember this incident every time I went to reload my brass.

Box it up and give it back to him. If he says "no, you go ahead and keep it", just tell him, "no, it's not of enough importance for me to change my opinion of you"! Besides, as I said, you probably don't want to mix it with your brass now.....bad juju. Now you know enough about the guy to know you don't want to know any more about him, or to associate with him.

+1
  • Options
    hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Give it back,plenty of reasonable brass on here. And you can trust most of the people here to.[:D]
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    now go out and spend that 25.00 on someone special instead and be glad![:D][:X]

i had a friend of the family throw out a lawnmower that was tarped for 4 years outside. no one inthe family or service center could get it running. so, one day i went by to visit and asked if she wanted me to throw that mower away for her. she said please do and that she had bought a new one years ago. so as i was putting it inthe truck, the son said to me...that if i got it running, throw a 50 spot to her mom. i looked at him and said my goodbyes.
    went home, and cleaned the carb, knocked out some carbon and still nothing. then adjusted the dead man handle cable and it started. nothing was wrong with thecarb at all. now i got a 4 year old perfect lawnboy and use it to this day. the son? never saw him again...the geek.[8]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.