In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Value for S&W 686 + 7 shot custom shop revolver

a1amarinea1amarine Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited June 2008 in Ask the Experts
Hello All,

First time post so go easy if I make a rookie mistake. I have searched through the forums and the rest of the web for handgun values for a handgun that I own. short of buying a $30 dollar book I have not been able to find anything. Can someone help or point me in the right direction?

S&W 357 mag, model 686+, 7 shot revolver from the performance shop. 1.5 inch barrel, wood grips, ported, etc.

I have only fired the gun maybe two times using approx 50-100 rounds.

Any help would be appreciated. I will take a picture tonight and update post this weekend.

Mitchell

Comments

• Options
    geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    Best I can find is a 686 Magnum Plus, 7 shot .357, 2.5", 4", & 6" barrel, red ramp front sight, drilled and taped for a scope, SS, rubber grips.

Excellent = $450 (2008 Catalog of Firearms)

Can't find a 1/5" barrel in any book. If this is custom you may get more (or less)then book.

Best of luck.
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When measuring the barrel, make sure you are measuring from the forcing cone, not where the barrel and the frame join.

Just a suggestion that may explain the barrel length discrepancy.
  • Options
    BoomerangBoomerang Member Posts: 4,513
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by a1amarine
    Hello All,

First time post so go easy if I make a rookie mistake. I have searched through the forums and the rest of the web for handgun values for a handgun that I own. short of buying a $30 dollar book I have not been able to find anything. Can someone help or point me in the right direction?

S&W 357 mag, model 686+, 7 shot revolver from the performance shop. 1.5 inch barrel, wood grips, ported, etc.

I have only fired the gun maybe two times using approx 50-100 rounds.

Any help would be appreciated. I will take a picture tonight and update post this weekend.

Mitchell
    MODEL 686-4 Performance Center WITH ADJUSTABLE SIGHTS
    - .357 Mag. cal., 2 1/2 in. barrel, Magna Port, 7 shot cylinder, wood grips. Mfg. 1998. Last MSR was N/A. A Perf. Center revolver should bring about $700 to $1000 depending on condition and desireability of the revolver.

Product code: 170077.