In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Where 2 go 4 a gun safe?

Smturner26Smturner26 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited June 2008 in Ask the Experts
Started shooting @ 5 years ago and am running out of room in the gun safe. bought a cheapie... $150 steel double lock. just something to keep them in. looking to get something for the long run. not huge. fireproof preferrable. MUST have at least 2 different types of locks (ex: combo and key) i checked a couple places in orlando, fl but didn't have much luck. not lookin 4 high end, but reliable and convenient without breakin the bank would be nice. any ideas out there?

Comments

• Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    One place to look locally for you would be at Basspro:

5156 International Dr.
    Orlando, FL 32819
    Phone: 407-563-5200

They carry a nice supply of safes from the bascic "redhead" to the top of the line "Browning" and everywhere in between.
  • Options
    freddbear4freddbear4 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought one from Sams Club. $700. but you also have to join. 26 gun basic, but it does the job.
  • Options
    justright58justright58 Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Smturner26... Check out a 'Tractor Supply' as they usually have decent deals on gun safes left over from the winter season. I'm not sure how close one of these stores might be to you, but I live 100 miles north of Orlando and theres a few in this area (Ocala, Gainesville, Palatka)...
    Good Luck!
    John[8D]
  • Options
    MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a gun show in Tampa at the fairgrounds this weekend and there will be two safe suppliers there.

Tampa Safe Exchange http://www.tampasafeexchange.com/index.html located in Brandon, FL

CE Safes http://www.safegunvaults.com located in Pompano Beach and Ft. Myers.

Both deliver state wide and provide good pricing for their range of products. I live South of Tampa and purchased from CE Safes. I would purchase from them again but would not hesistate to purchase from Tampa Safe Exchange either.

I would expect them to travel to the gun shows held in Orlando also.

Good luck.
    Regards, MAALOX
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,477 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Al's Army on the Trail had some on closeout real good prices
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the advice. tried bass pro and a group of kids figured out the combos on all the safes and changed the codes. couldn't see inside any of them. i'll check tractor supply soon. got a membership to bj's but not sams. thanks anyway on that. got a show coming up at the central fl fair grounds in july. i'll hit that up as well. thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    where on the trail?
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,477 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just south of 50 on the east side
  • Options
    laogailaogai Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1 on Sam's Club. will save you enough just on the safe to cover membership for sure
  • Options
    chumchumchumchum Member Posts: 847 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here in Pa Sam's price is only $599 at the local one. Check your local Sam's. You don't have to be a member to get in and look. If they have them it's probably the best deal around and worth the money to join. Check out the Stack on Elite series. They are actual safes not just the metal cabinet. They are reasonable price. CHeck Dick's or Dunhams.