In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ak bullpup

cannibuscannibus Member Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
edited June 2008 in Ask the Experts
does anyone own one of the new cai ak bullpup variants? how are they??

Comments

• Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    Not AS sucky as the older ones, but still a really really crappy trigger.
  • Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    one word will discribe the cia bullpup ak for you.... CRAP!! IF YOU WANNA BUY A BULLPUP BuY A BUSHMASTER M-17.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,564 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't handled one but I too have heard the triggers are aweful.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by quickmajik
    one word will discribe the cia bullpup ak for you.... CRAP!! IF YOU WANNA BUY A BULLPUP BuY A BUSHMASTER M-17.

Yes, buy a gun that is rare, doesn't have much if any parts available, and is heavier than hell for what it is.

If you go bullpup, you pretty much go with an AUG or you go with nothing.
  • Options
    GarthGarth Member Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i agree...CRAP! ive had plenty of opportunities to shoot various models of bull pup rifles. the ejection port is on the other side of the stock from your mouth. every round that is fired you breathe noctious fumes even if you dont want to. i felt a little sick and light headed after some trigger time. IMHO you are better to spend your money elsewhere!
  • Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    you can get parts for the bushmaster m-17 from bushmaster themselves. also you can get it customized into a nice tactical carbine and loose about 2 and half pounds. go to kurtscustom dot com and see for yourself.. CDNN is selling brand new ones for $800.00. if you are interested they're number is 18005889500. and they are based in texas. p.s. ive never heard of an unreliable m-17 or one that didnt show good accuracy. call em soon or they will all be gone.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I know where to get them, but they are discontinued, and not a popular gun. Whatever parts available will only last so long. Its an orphan gun. For 800 bucks I can think of many better guns out there.
  • Options
    mcasomcaso Member Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Face is too close to muzzle blast.