In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

S&W DA 45 Model 1917 No 1026 Value

SummertimeSummertime Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited June 2008 in Ask the Experts
trying to determine the value of the following pistols for my sister who needs to sell them but has no idea what their value maybe:

Thanks
Tim

1. S&W D.A. 45 on side of barrel. On top of barrel Smith and Wesson Springfield Mass. USA and under that Patented Dec.17.1901.Feb.6.1906Sep.14.1909. On bottom of handle is U. S. Army Model 1917 No.1026. On bottom of barrel United States Property.

2. On one side of the barrel 38 S&W Special CTG and on the other side Smith & Wesson. On the bottom of the handle 523719 if I am reading the numbers correctly. I do have the leather holster but the flap is held on by tape.

3. The Colt has Police Positive 38 Special on one side of the barrel.Colt'l P T F A Mfg. Co. Hartford,Connecticut USA PAT'D Aug. 5, 1884, June 5, 1900, July 4, 1905. On the bottom of the handle is St.LPDNo. 2515. I have the leather holster for this one also and it is in better condition. It has the company thatmade it stamped in the leather.

4. H & R Arms Co. Worcester, Mass. USA on bottom of handle. VICTOR 22 Cal. R.F. on top of barrel.

Comments

• Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You haven't mentioned condition. Since I have a few I can speak to only the Smith 1917, but the value can go from about $400.00 in fair shape to probably $1K in excellent shape.
  • Options
    SummertimeSummertime Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks for the info! She was offered considerably less than that from a pawn shop but they price it to make money.
    Tim
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,657 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If her desire is to sell it then post it on the auction side of the site and start bidding at a penny. Make sure to include several pictures in the listing. Then; you come to the forums and let folks know it is listed...