In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Century WASR 10 or Lancaster AK 47

hbikerhbiker Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited June 2008 in Ask the Experts
What is the difference between these two AK's 7.62 x 39? Which one would you buy and why?
Thanks
hbiker

Comments

• Options
    gotstolefromgotstolefrom Member Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And the cost for each is ?
    I've owned neither...but shot a WASR that left something to be desired...That statement is bit extreme in an AK comment...IMHO for an AK to 'pass' it feeds and fires any ammo and can hit a garbage can top at 100 yds....
    After that it's cost and/or any personal 'need' you have for a specific gun.
    A WAG on cost..If $ 350 does not put the WASR in your hands, condider passing...there are better in that ballpark. Lancaster...IDUNNO.
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    Look into a Vector or Ohio Rapid Fire AK. Much better, or one of the Saiga conversions.

I do have a WASR though. Works, but lacks a good trigger and fit and finish. But it goes bang and makes holes in what I intend it to.
  • Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    I agree with wehmacht, i had a sar-1. It would group about 6 inches average with wolf hollow points at 100m through a 4x24mm romanian posp like scope. the ak-74 by Ohio Rapid Fire is a better rifle.
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    Mine groups around 3.5-4 inches with goo brass ammo. An AK is not a tack driver, its a sheet metal lead hose.
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,554 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    with my sar's at 100 yards i will either get ya or scare ya to death..dead is dead