In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

what should I pick?

dgacdgac Member Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2008 in Ask the Experts
I have a pps 50 bingham 22 with a 50rd drum. My friend just bought another 50 bmg. He has a remington o3a3. It is in great condition and shoots great. He wants 600. So I know i should just buy the o3a3 for 600 but my gun cabinet is bursting at the seams. I probably should sell a gun to get another. What do you guys think will hold its value better? The pps 50 is serial number 52 and has papers saying it was one of the first 1000 made and who the original owner was. (came from a estate sale) I see the pps 50 goes from 350-650. But a o3a3 is a very collectable firearm. He has a 30 cal ammo can 1/2 full of loose ammo that will probably come with the gun. Help

dgac

dgac

Comments

• Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know how to solve your problem. Go buy another gun cabinet/safe, then go get that 03A3.

I am thinking the 03A3 will only escalate in value.
  • Options
    gandj armsgandj arms Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    sorry; this does not apply to ur pps 50; but i have been trying to locate a stick mag for the bingham; have any ideas?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I see them on the auction side often

dgac
  • Options
    redfishbobredfishbob Member Posts: 1,434 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you say sell a gun?Why in the world would you do that?
  • Options
    claysclays Member Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gandj arms, are these what you are referring to? They have become hard to find.

[img][/img]100_0589.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes I did but I've got that out of my head now. The girldfriend and I went and shot the o3a3 in question and she's all about it. Look like there is room for one more. It seems like everytime I come home with a new one I have to find a corner that doesnt have 1 or 2 in it already. I cant make gun racks fast enough.

dgacquote:Originally posted by redfishbob
    Did you say sell a gun?Why in the world would you do that?
  • Options
    GarthGarth Member Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you need to know there were some 03a3's manufactured from a certain serial number to a certain serial number that had brittle receivers because or the heat treatment process. after so many rounds are fired the receiver have a tendency to shatter. im not sure of the serial numbers but i remember reading about it. are any of you experts more savvy to the serial number issue?
  • Options
    MooseyardMooseyard Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Garth
    you need to know there were some 03a3's manufactured from a certain serial number to a certain serial number that had brittle receivers because or the heat treatment process. after so many rounds are fired the receiver have a tendency to shatter. im not sure of the serial numbers but i remember reading about it. are any of you experts more savvy to the serial number issue?

The heat treating problem was with 03's only, not 03A3's. Any Rock Island gun greater than 285,507 and any Springfield gun higher than 800,000 is double heat treated and safe to shoot. Avoid shooting 03's with serial #'s less than that.