In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

bert

tobyfloyd61tobyfloyd61 Member Posts: 429 ✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in Ask the Experts
saw a winchester 32 rimfire octagon barrel and striped receiver only no markings on tang. barrel had a 2 line address and 32 rimfire and the winchester proof mark on it.it did have a front sight and a rear sight which looked like a buck horn sight barrel did have rifling let but was pretty dark and looked pitted it measured 26" long not sure if it was a high wall or low wall i dont know alot about these rifles he wanted a 100.00 for it mabe i should have bought it????barrel had no pits on out side but mostly in petina the receiver did have 1 pitted spot not real bad had no camera with me..Thanks

Comments

• tobyfloyd61tobyfloyd61 Member Posts: 429 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well my pawinlaw tells me i am the proud owner of the lowall? highwall 32 rimfire barrel and striped receiver he picked it up today i am 250 miles from him so soon as i get it ill post pic for a price check and to find out which it is..Thanks
    edited November -1
    hey bert,,i may be able to buy the single shot winchester barrel and striped receiver tomorrow why is there no markings on the receiver part that is there? barrel is 32 rimfire..Thanks
    edited November -1
    To continue on with the subject of the model 67 Winchester, I'm still interested in learning to hear from you as to what other features it might have that would identify a first year production rifle aside from the finger groove stock.

When I made note in the other thread about Madis' The Winchester Handbook it was in realtion to a good Winchester book that covers a lot of different Winchesters, and not any one particular book that covered just a small portion of models like the single shot variety. So, here again, if there is a Winchester reference book available to the public that covers as many models with the detail that Madis' The Winchester Handbook offers, then I'd really like for you to share this with those of us in the market for such a publication.

Bert, books like Madis' The Winchester Handbook is a superb publication, but it seems like you do not want to recognize this piece of work as being a fine source for most all Winchester models ever produced, that's fine by me. I might add that I have a superb collection of reference books, but sadly they are most all packed away and have been for a long time now which is why I asked you questions about the 67. Also, most people do not own a firearm library, and this is where Madis' has made such a big hit with the public in that he has two books that the typical Winchester fan can afford that answers most any question they might have about any Winchester. I'm still on the lookout for any comparable publication.
    edited November -1
    As the topic was locked, could you please see my final comments on this thread and help me out? Thanks!

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=449202
    edited November -1
    You are the man, Bert, but my Winchester dom booklet says that a model 95 with a serial number of 78XXX was manufactured in 1915. It also states that 102,150 were made that year. Probably most of them went to Russia. Another 203,177 were manufactured in 1916. 293,818 of the production from these two years went to Czarist Russia. My 95 in 30-06 cal. is #419,XXX, book says 1927, is this correct? Eddie
    edited November -1
    BERT I NEED YOUR HELP...... I NEED INFO ON WERE I CAN GET WINCHESTER MODEL 20 410 GA.PARTS. I NEED A FOREND STOCK AND A FIRING PIN. I TRIED NUMRICH, JACK FIRST, AND A COUPLE OF OTHERS I TRIED POST ON GUNBROKER WANT FORUM WITH NO LUCK. IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR OVER 1 YEAR WITH NO LUCK. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFO. THANKS
    edited November -1
    Winchester built model 64 rifles and carbines, do you know how many of the carbines where manufactured? At one time my father had both a rifel and a carbine, both in 30-30. The rifle was the higher grade gun with checkering and sling swivels, the carbine was a standard, non checkered model with a 20" barrel. I've always been told that the carbines where pretty rare, I know I've not ran into many of them. Thanks for your help and knowledge.
    W.D.
    edited November -1
    I have 3 ???.Did the 1890 22 short come with a Lyman Tang Sight or was that a later add on??When was the last year of the curved metel butt plate on 1894??On the same gun if the barrel was cut from a rifle to 18 1/2 carbine size does that effect the value??
    Thanks in advance Rick
    edited November -1
    Hi Bert. I came across an 1892 today. Takedown model with a round barrel. Tang sight. Serial # 488388. It's original finish is all gone and it has a nice patina. Would you have any info on his rifle and its approximate value? Most I see have an octagon barrel.

Thank you

Mark
  • Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Winchester did not mark the receiver frame until very late in production (post-1900), and even then, it was never marked with the Model number.