In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Browning Citori

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited July 2011 in Ask the Experts
what do you think of this browning citori model? quality? price? value?

thanks guys for all your input and advice. keep it coming

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    What should an 1970s vintage Browning Citori in good condition sell for?
    edited November -1
    I have a Browning Citori Upland,12guage. It has fixed chokes full/mod. I want to have choke tubes intalled . Anybody have this done or any suggestions? I have been told Briley tubes are the best. Will Browning even consider putting tubes in it?
    edited November -1
    Trying to liven up the stock on my Citori and don't know what Oil Browning used to treat the stock. Suggestions, relevant comments, help? J
    edited November -1
    WHEN WAS THIS MADE SN# 29783NXxxx THANKS
    edited November -1
    I need to have a browing citori rebuilt.Can this be sent to Browning, and if so, where do I send it to? Thanks.
    edited November -1
    I have a Browning Citori Deucks Unlimited Edition from the 1980s, its a golden canvasback edition, and has 24 karat gold plating. It has never been shot and is in mint condition, its #44 out of 200, and i would like to find out how much it is worth

* r DONE
    edited November -1
    traded a couple of new rem. 1100 for a new browning citori 12ga. anyone know anything about these gun's It's a lighting with screw in choke's.Are just a field grade or higher grade gun seem's to be a pretty nice gun. thank's for any help.
    edited November -1
    A made in japan like new condition 12ga. Browning Citori is for sale at my local pawn shop.
    SER#27493NN131.
    Can someone give the DOM and approx.value of this beautiful shotgun?
    Thank You.
    edited November -1
    Hello,

I am looking at 12 ga shotguns. I am looking at a Browning Citori that says on the box: 28" model c ltng. I also look on Gun Broker and see several white lightening and a "G" model. I don't know the difference. I am particularly interested in understanding what the "c ltng" is. The box says Grad I. Also I see one that says vertually the same thing except Grad V. I simply do not understand all the acronyms for the Citori. Can you help? Further, what is the value of a 12ga Citori 28" with two factory chokes, Grad I?
    edited November -1
    I am wondering if anyone could give me a little help..
    I picked up a Browning Citori over/under 12gauge 3 1/2 inch at
    an estate sale. I am interested in turning but not sure
    what I should ask.
    edited November -1
    Maybe I'm insane but I'm thinking of buying a browning citori that has wonderful deep old style engraving and THEN buying another browning citori that has eye popping deeply figured wood so that I can swap the best wood onto the best receiver and visa versa.

I would then keep the best one and sell the second gun. Is that easier said than done? What am I missing? Would this be a bad idea or a mistake? I'm ok if I lose $500 doing this.

Thanks
    edited November -1
    What is your opinion of the BrowningCitori. I have one and love it?

Looking for quality, looks, shootability and resale value.

THANKS

SAGE 1
    edited November -1
    Any idea what a Browning Citori grade 3 is worth? Gun has about 500 rounds through it. No sratches or marks, has real pretty high gloss wood
    edited November -1
    I have a citori which barrel is supposed to fire first the top or bottom. Can you change it.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love mine, it is NOT for sale and what ever I shoot at gets hit, 30" tubes, Invector Plus and 3-1/2 inch chambers. It is a beauty to look at simple elegance in design, flawless in function and holds its value.
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Browning Citori's are fine shotgunsindeed. They can be had as plain as one wants, or dressed up as elegant as one would desire. They always seem to function well, and are great pointer's. There are not many stack barrels out there that can compete with the Citori for value, and longevity. That is not saying that there are not better ones out there, but one has to travel pretty far to beat a Citori.

Best
  • rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have several field and skeet and for the money, they cannot be beat. The only caveat I have is that they are heavier than most other O/U's so if there is a lot of walking and carrying involved like upland bird shooting, this is their only shortcoming. I ended up buying 20ga Winchster 101 for that type of hunting.
  • sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I lucked into an old used one for just over $400. My first quail excursion down in Nevada netted me 18 for 27 shots. Being that was the first hunts that I had been on with that shotgun, I felt it was really good. Since then I've gone over about 80% success with it whenever I hunt birds.

Best fitting, most ergonomic shotgun, I have ever owned, let alone shoot.
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Browning's like John Mosses Browning intended...

The best!
  • 45er45er Member Posts: 245 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Howdy Sage,

Consensus is in-- Citori is among the top best bang for the buck. Durability/maintence free is also outstanding, a big factor when throwing lead in the air playing whatever clay game all day long. This gun is a proven winner, period.

Not too much touched on yet is the resell question-- as always, condition & grade are main factor, not to mention that sad thing called "The Economy", as sure you know.
    So, while does not hold the aura of say some exculsive high dollar investment quality name, it hold it's own value as good as any off the rack brands.

45er
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Citori is made by Miroku in Japan. I've never had a problem with any of my Citori's. I would recommend getting the Invector Plus choked back bored barrels.
    The Win 101 was made by Nikko in Japan.
    The first 101's were built under the supervision of Winchester at the Kadensha Corporation plant in Japan. Then, the action was pretty much a copy of the Browning Superposed.
    Now, its parts are machined in Belgium and assembled in Portugal, and the action differs from the original.
    Both Browning and Winchester, are now owned by Cerebus.

Michibay, was barely into my first cup of coffee when I posted "Both were made in Japan" then went back to add Miroku and Nikko, got sidetracked and forgot Nikko.[:I] Thanks for the correction!
  • MichibayMichibay Member Posts: 816 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Citori is one of the best O/U's available for the money today. They are made by Miroku in Japan...a VERY GOOD Gun maker! Their re-sale value is quite good too. For the money....the only gun that might be a better buy is a good used Winchester 101.
  • MichibayMichibay Member Posts: 816 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Winchester 101 was NOT made by Miroku! It was made by Nikko in Japan.
  • MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had a 525 Gold Sporting with 30" barrels for 4 or 5 years and absolutely love it. Has a bit more drop than the Beretta's I have so it fits me better and makes me look like I can shoot [:D]
    Regards, MAALOX