In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger Serial Numbers

Mic-EMTMic-EMT Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited July 2011 in Ask the Experts
Hello. I was just wondering if any one could tell me why on some products for ruger pistols it says for serial 304-70000 and above? Im just wondering if this is a ban issue, or if there is a difference in the guns. Thank you

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I just looked up the serial number of a Ruger SP-101 I have. The Ruger webb site shows the serial numbers start after my number. Their`s start with a 572 prefix and number 28000. Mine is in the 26,000`s series and not close to 28,000. Any one have any ideas? Just curious. Thanks[:)][:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Where can one get a list of Ruger serial Numbers by year?

John
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I cant think of any Rugers that have been banned. The only gun that would come even close would be the Mini-14 and it has never been on anyones assault weapons list. My guess would be they are referring to pre & post "barrel warnings" when Ruger began printing all that gibberish on their barrels or the transition from old model to new model single actions.
  • Options
    76k2076k20 Member Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe the reason is a change in production on the "P" series handguns, specifically the end of production of the P85 and introduction of the P89. Last serial according to Ruger on the P85 was 303-65769, and the P89 began serial 304-88013. Here is a link to the Ruger website:

http://www.ruger.com/service/productHistory.html#

Hope this helps!