In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Nice SKB rifle case

5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
edited August 2011 in Ask the Experts
SKB makes a really nice rifle case, looks like one of the military type ones. Anyone know here to get two at the best price?

Comments

• Options
    GarthGarth Member Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, skb does make a fine carry case. I bought an skb case for my fender strat (electric guitar) about 2 years ago, manufactured in the early 80's. It was like new when I discovered it in a music shop. Cost, approx+or-$60.00. Good luck on the skb rifle case. They really are super nice.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    5mmgunguy,

The easiest way for best pricing is to become a distributor. I was one for several years which is where I got most of my travel cases, not only for firearms but other valuables as well. I believe that SKB is the right value for dollar conscience consumers.

An alternative is to watch for inventory reduction 'sales' by both the manufacturers and major distributors. These occur throughout the year at the drop of a hat when one or the other needs liquidity. Prices then become manageable and sometimes even reasonable. But the downside is that you have to look for them and you need to be prepared to buy right away as the selections are limited.

Currently I'm looking at the Starlight and Pelican cases to go on sale so I can get a couple of those for the competitions held in awful locations.

Best.

ADDED:

From our member duckhunter 140:

"You could try Guns Unlimited in Omaha Ne 402 339 0771. Tom was/is the USA importer for SKB."

I also checked on the SKB double rifle case which is on sale $166.00 through 2 different outlets.

Storm/Pelican was $234.00 + foam for a single case @ 54.5" at a couple of different outlets.

Best.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    5mm,

I also like the SKB cases, but think the STORM/Pelican cases are better, and a better value. They offer more protection, and seem to be much sturdier. yes, they are a little bulkier, and a little bigger, but, $ for $, they are hard to beat.

Best