In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington 700 Sendero, SFII, 22-250 Sendero?

yukon100jackyukon100jack Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
edited August 2011 in Ask the Experts
Greetings to all. I need a little help in identifying two 700s I recently purchased on GB and am still waiting for them to arrive. Gun #1 - I believe this is a 700 Sendero but the fluting is not black. It is a 7mm RUM with the fluted barrel, black stock with gray webbing, stainless barrel. Could it be an early Sendero and not the SFII? Very nice condition with Leupold Vari-X III 2.5-8 X 36mm. Serial S63999XX. Paid $790 + shipping.
Gun #2 - Rem 700 in 22-250, stainless unfluted barrel(looks heavy and more shiny than gun #1), black synthetic stock w/ gray webbing and finger grooves on both sides in front of action. Very similar or identical to gun #1s stock. I saw a similar one listed and owner said it may have been a special run made in varmint calibers several years ago. Swift premier scope 6-24 X 50mm scope. serial # not visible. Excellent++ condition. Paid $650 + Shipping.
Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Auction links?

CP
  • Options
    yukon100jackyukon100jack Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here are the auction #s... 242581401 22-250, 241373652 7mmrum.
    www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=241373652
    www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=242581401
    ----not sure if thhis is the correct way to link but gave ia a shot
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With the exception of the fluting not being blacked and the long action, your 7 RUM looks quite the same as my Remington 700 VSSF II is 22-250. The stock is similar, but doesn't have quite the wide & flattened forend. It looks like a VSSF.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Big Green has made several versions of the Sendero. The very first ones were unfluted, and blued. They were available in 25-06, 7mm Rem. Mag, and 300 Win Mag.. Then they added stainless to the mix, with just a regular barrel. Later on they Made the Sendero SF, which is what you have in 7mm RUM. Lastly came the SF II, which had the blackened flutes.

The 22-250 you have is a Varmint model. Remington NEVER made a Sendero in a short action chambering, that I know of. However, they made varmint models, that looked identical, but in just short action.

Best
  • Options
    keystone1974keystone1974 Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hopefully the 22-250 has the aluminum bedded stock...
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by keystone1974
    Hopefully the 22-250 has the aluminum bedded stock...

The aluminum bedding block, is by no means a curall for stabalization of the action. For best results, these should be skim bedded, to eleminate any inconsistancies of the machining process, and more open than not tolerances. This will reduce the amount of torque stress transferred to the action, when the action screws are torqued down.

Best