In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger 77 price

NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
edited August 2011 in Ask the Experts
Buddy has a Ruger 77 in .25-06 that he want me to sell for him. Says he has not shoot it in over a decade so time to move it. Thinks it has about 200 rounds though it. Thinks he has the dies and some brass for it too but could not find it the day I took the pic.

Has Simmons "44 Mag" 6.5-20 x44 scope on it.

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0028-1.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

I looked online and could not find a price for this version. I have seen lots of the lightweight hunting style ones though.

Any idea on a fair price for this?

Comments

• Options
    MichibayMichibay Member Posts: 816 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A nice varmit target rifle! In this market...probably $700-$800 tops...maybe closer to the $500 range???
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one in 25.06 - it deserves a much better scope than that Simmons BTW. [;)]

I'm pretty sure Ruger discontinued the 25.06 chambering, I have 223,6.5 Creedmoor and 308 - they all shoot very, very well. The 25.06 took a bit of tweaking on loads, I guess that's just the caliber's nature because I did the same on a Savage 112 single shot and a T/C pistol.

The one shown is probably a few years old, it has the nicer "Shadow Grey" finish as compared to Ruger's present economizing with a rough matte stainless type.

The 77V trigger is adjustable and you can get a very good pull from it.

So far as price, I'd say $550.00 is fair. We're I buying it from a friend I'd let him keep the Simmons, were I buying it from a shop I'd say "keep the scope & drop $25.00". A fixed 36X Weaver would do well on it, any other good quality Leupold, Nikon, Burris too.
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    I agree with Doug, if your going to put it on GB take the scope off. That model Ruger is a great gun, just shot one today in 223 that was a tack driver. $550 for the rifle without the scope would be a good place to start.
    W.D.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info guys.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,746 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agree500-550 with the scope..they are not that bad/ imo
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    let me know when you list it. Iam interested. Oak
  • Options
    midnightrunpaintballermidnightrunpaintballer Member Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is that the original stock? It looks just like the Boyds stock I have on one of my remingtons. If not original, has it been bedded? That may change your value a little
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by midnightrunpaintballer
    Is that the original stock? It looks just like the Boyds stock I have on one of my remingtons. If not original, has it been bedded? That may change your value a little

I would say the stock is factory original. The configuration and color are correct, it looks identical to the ones I own.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,746 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also am 99% sure that stock is factory/
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    John I recently bought an older Ruger 77(tang safety) with a Leupold Vari-X II scope on it over at Guns West here in town--gun was in great condition and I paid $395 for it. The Ruger in your pics is the newer 3 position safety model MkII. .25-06 is still in Rugers lineup in both blued and stainless guns(regular walnut stock & composite stocks and laminate target version) The fancier laminate one like the one in the pic is still offered in .25-06 and MSRP is $979 but I think you should be able to find them at least $100 cheaper. http://ruger.com/products/m77MarkIITarget/models.html

I'd bet your friend would sell it fast at $500-$550--and maybe more--the scope doesn't add much but I'd just keep it on there and let the new owner decide what to do with it. It's a great caliber--love mine-although I am not as accurate with it as my BIL--he can hit that metal plate at the 600 yard mark out at Wenas with it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the input guys.