In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester 97

spoonbillspoonbill Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
edited April 2012 in Ask the Experts
Are the model 97 made in 1906 to painted black ?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I had a gunsmith work on an old Winchester 97 and he told me it was a Diamond model. Can anyone shed any light on this for me. Thanks. Bshooter
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Howdy all. I need some help putting a DOM with this gun. It was my great grandfather's and it has made it down the line to me. It is a model 97 Winchester 2 3/4 in. chamber with a full choke. On the underside there is a set of numbers that reads:
    E

There are also two stamps in the top of the gun. Looks like "WP". I would appreciate it if someone could help me out.

Thanks,
    Roger
  • Options
    edited November -1
    where do i find the E disignation. The Barrel does come off
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is there anyone making a set of screws for a WINCHESTER model 97
    THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Friend of mine picked up a Winchester 97 ser. no. 236767c and wanted to know when it manufactured and what the c stood for.

He also picked up a National Firearms pump shotgun ser. no. 124523 for this one he wanted to know the year of manufacture and perhaps who made it (if it was a rebrand).

So I told him I would ask ya'll. Any help is appreciated.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There were some for a while a long time ago. Have you called the brownell's tech guys.
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    Numrich, www.gunparts.com has every screw for a Winchester 97 takedown or solid frame.
    W.D.