In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

colt

terryroadpawnshopterryroadpawnshop Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
edited April 2012 in Ask the Experts
I bought a Colt New Service at the auction the other day( really legaly stole it)[:D] in 45 long colt,serial number 319xxx, dates it to 1923. My question is that someone shortened the barrel and put a ramp on it and now it looks like a Python on steriods[:0] Was this something that was done a lot back in the 30s,40s,50,???????[}:)][}:)] Any info on this pistol greatly appreciated[^][^][^]

Comments

• terryroadpawnshopterryroadpawnshop Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry about the double post. See Colt OFFICER'S MODEL MATCH.

Edited by - NAVIGATOR on 11/23/2002 10:38:09
    edited November -1
    I have a Colt Detective Special .38 caliber...XXX017 serial....NPD3501 stamped on bottom of grip...

How do I locate date of manufacture for this firearm...?

Thank you.

Mike
    edited November -1
    Got my pistol back into my hands today. Was offered 200 over what i paid for it. Told him i would take 500 over what i paid for it, and he said that i was getting to know how much shes worth now.
    Ginny
    edited November -1
    I would like to know if you could tell me something about a Colt C3268 30/06.It also has The Coltsman on the gun.It is in very good condition.My friend has it and he wanted to know if it was worth any money.His grand father owned it and got it when he past away.This is the only information he gave me.I tried looking it up but can't find any information. He said this is the only information the gun has.I hope you guys can give me some information.

Brad Marr
    edited November -1
    I went shooting today and was looking at some of the weapons for sale and was happy to see about ten new Colt 1911s'. The 9mm large frame went on a 10 day wait as a late Christmas present.

Emmett
    edited November -1
    A Friend of mind was left this gun after a death in his family.What I could find on the INTERNET lets me believe this gun could be worth a good bit of money.What I believe is it is called a baby Paterson No1 .Has any copies of this gun been made and if not what would this gun be worth

This gun has Ivory grips, it has allot of engraving, it has no 29 on the trigger and cylinder.On the barrel it has [Patient Arms Paterson N J colts Pt].This gun looks to be silver plated or chrome plated.It has a little rod under the barrel that you pull down that moves a rod back into the cylinder.It is 5 shot 28 caliber.The gun is small and in excellent shape except for a small crack in one of the ivory pistol grips.
    edited November -1
    I recently was given 2 old Colts.
    both are 38 cal

one is a Colt "Official Police" 4in blue with a serial number of 917XXX.

the other is a Colt "Police Positive Special" 4 in blue serial number 645XXX

can anyone tell me when they were made and perhpas what they are worth ????
    they appear to be in good shape no rust

Mant Thanks
    Bluesteel
    edited November -1
    Hi I am new here and need help I am trying to find out what my pistol may be worth so I can get it ins. I have a Colt 25 nickel plated wit mother of pearl grips the sn 227951

DSC01227.jpg
    DSC01230.jpg
    DSC01224.jpg
    edited November -1
    Could any of you date a Colt trooper that is ser # 37619v. I appreciate it.
    edited November -1
    I have a friend who wants to sell me a Colt NRA 100year commerative
    Still in the case and never fired.
    He is asking 3900.00 for it, My question is he asking to much?
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like 1984.
  • CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    Joe is right on the money according to my information.
    It's hard to be sharper than an old bike cop.[:D]
    W.D.