In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Delta Elite value/serial number

shootemallshootemall Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited April 2012 in Ask the Experts
There's a blue Delta Elite listed here SerialNumber DE 16134( http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=282694367 )with a bid so far of $955 with 4 days left. Other DEs are just laying there. I recently checked age on SN DE 18xxx and determined it was a 1988 model. So 16134 is either a 1987 or 88 most likely. Is this just a generation that's in demand?? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The term "generation" is used to describe Colt Single Action Army revolvers, not Government Models. The series (pre-70, 70, & 80) may be, but the year that a gun was made is not usually relevant, especially with a model that is still in production, in substantially the same configuration.

I believe that the Combat Elite (in .45 acp)is in greater demand than the Delta Elite, as 10mm appeals mainly to hunters of mid-size game. If by "laying there" you mean that listed guns haven't sold, it's because the starting price is higher than the market; any decent condition Colt will sell if the price is right.

The best way to determine "value" is to look at the Gunbroker COMPLETED listings, sorted on SHOW HIGHEST NUMBER OF BIDS FIRST & exclude RESERVE listings.

Neal
  • Options
    shootemallshootemall Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've kept up with DE auctions for a while now once or twice a week because I have one I'm thinking of listing here. Been watching current bids and items that sold. Most blued DEs have been in the low $800s at best. The one I referred to is just being an exception to the rule. All of a sudden it's being bid up to $955 with several days left to bid. Thats quite a bit over the norm. The only distinguishing feature I see is the low serial number indicating a 1987-88 mfg date. Thanks.