In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

king cobras / anacondas

Bunnybean01Bunnybean01 Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
edited April 2012 in Ask the Experts
I got the fever on Colts - King Cobras and Anacondas over a year ago. I bought about fifteen. That fever has since passed. I will however keep one pristine Python and two gorgeous King Cobras. My question is ... as a seller I am certain I will have a tough time being able to sell these firearms with no backing of history sales on GB. Any pointers on how to best sell these firearms?

Comments

• Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't understand your dilemma, take some good, clear photos, describe them as accurately as possible and list them on the auction side with a fair starting price....they will sell. Be sure you respond to potential buyers questions quickly and honestly, don't blow smoke and people will buy from you even though you are a new seller. Everyone on here started as a new seller at some point!
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When you list on the auction side post the auction in general discussion forum.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you payed top buck +, you might have trouble getting your money out of them. Nobody likes to wind up behind the 8 ball that way. Check the auctions for the actual fair market value selling prices, to get a ballpark idea on where your at money wise. If your going to take to much of a hit, you might consider holding them for awhile longer.
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    no reserves, no inflated shipping, no hiddenn fees, accurate descriptions with clear and plentiful pictures and solid communication and you'll do just fine.
  • Options
    17tobyracing17tobyracing Member Posts: 3,429 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by brier-49
    When you list on the auction side post the auction in general discussion forum.

+1, because I certainly will be interested in at least the Anacondas.[;)]
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Colts, especially the revolvers they no longer make, have gone thru the roof in the last few years. If you got those over a year ago, chances are they are worth more now than then.

As mentioned, just list them here at GB with clear quality pictures taken outside, during the day, but in the shade. List an accurate description and see what happens.

I need a Viper and a Boa to complete my Colt "Snake" collection. Too bad your not letting lose some of those.