In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Barnes X load data

rrfhunterrrfhunter Member Posts: 187 ✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in Ask the Experts
Can someone please pass along the loading data for Barnes X 180 grain bullets with IMR-4320 and IMR-4064 powder in .308 Winchester?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What type of X bullet do you have? There are several...the orginal X, the blue coated XLC, the TSX(Triple Shock), and the Tipped TSX.

For the TSX, it lists IMR-4320 as 39.5 grains starting, and 43 grains as maximum. That is manual #4

For the standard X, in manual #3, they list IMR 4064 as 37 grains starting and 41 grains Max. For IMR 4320, they say 39.0 grains starting and 43 Max.

If you need more, give me an e-mail.

Best
  • Options
    rrfhunterrrfhunter Member Posts: 187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, that's the info I was looking for. They're Barnes "X" boattail. In Central California you can only use lead Free ammo for the California Condor range. I live in the Sierra's out of the range. I've only seen the ammo for sale twice in gun shops at $81/box for standard calibers. I guess you're SOL if you shoot anything other than a 30-06 or .308 ha ha. Seeing that got me motivated to set up the old press and I picked up a box of bullets at the gunshow for $15.

Cool,now I can go pig hunting again[:D]