In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

installing a wide handguard hk91 on a cetme

slidder12slidder12 Member Posts: 358 ✭✭✭
edited January 2003 in Ask the Experts
has any of you out there installed a wide hk91 handguard with bipod groove and a light bipod on a cetme??i'v got one today from pof and want to know if i am going to have any problems brfore i get started..i already have a slim one of it now..this one does not seem to want to go around the barrel on the top by the sight

Comments

• Options
    Mall NinjaMall Ninja Member Posts: 89 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some of the early Cetme Clones were made from kits that had a straight cocking tube, these had heavier barrels and did not have the hanger for the hand guard and the pin just sliped between the barrel and the cocking tube and the front sight houseing kept the hand guard from sliding forward, also the barrel was a larger diamiater which also facilitated the grenade launcher. In order to be legal the grenade launcher ring has been removed, but doubtful the barrel was turned down to the spec of the later barrels like those found on the HK-91 ... in short, the wide handguard is for the later models, easily identified by the stepped down cocking tube with the handguard hanger. The barrel can be modified but its best done with the barrel removed, on a lathe.

g14.gif