In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Checking numbers???

pig hunterpig hunter Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited January 2003 in Ask the Experts
Is there anyway to run numbers on a gun to find out if it's
been stolen.

Comments

• Options
    rordogrordog Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's a pretty bold question.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    In a word, YES. Go to your local copshop or friendly neighborhood flatfoot and ask them to do it. If you have a stolen gun, do you really want to keep it? Do you want to sell it to someone else who would run the numbers and finger you as selling stolen weapons? A stolen weapon should be returned to the person it belongs to regardless of the trouble. If you are an innocent person and are trying to do right, you won't get into any trouble (maybe lose a couple of bucks). Also, rule of thumb, know who you are buying from. If a Joe will take your money, but won't show his ID, pass him by.
  • Options
    Warpig883Warpig883 Member Posts: 6,459
    edited November -1
    That is a very good question.

I have been offered guns a few times where i did not trust the seller or it was to cheap to be true.

Trot on down to your local sheriff or police station and they can check the serial number for you. They did it for me. It was free of charge and they did not even want to know my name when I did it over the phone.

moc.murofsmraerifeht