In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Standard Arms SA-9

gundummygundummy Member Posts: 254
edited January 2003 in Ask the Experts
Anybody got one? How is reliability and built?

Does mfr still exist?

Can it take any other mags?

Thinking about getting another carry gun and there is a SA-9 that's really cheap. And I hope it's not Jennings cheap, if you know what I mean. Looks like a copy o a Keltec P11.

Thanks, GD

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have a standard arms pistol that does not fire reliably and sometimes not at all.Does anyone no anything about these pistols can they be fixed?Also are they still in business they had a number on the waranty but when I called it it was a different company's line.Any help would be appriciated.
    Thanks
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Standard Arms SA-9, is a very poor quality clone of the Kel-Tec P-11. It was brought out in early 2000 by a guy named Jim Waldorf who was the former president of Lorcin Engineering. This was a California company who had made thousands of cheap handguns, and had been driven into bankruptcy by numerous lawsuits against their handguns. It's not clear where STANDARD/LORCIN/WALDORF moved after the bankruptcy in California, the place of business has been reported as being in either Nevada or South Dakota?
    My information is that they didn't stay in business long. The SA-9 was a POS that didn't work and repair/warrantee work was virtually unobtainable!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Rufe,

I think I'll pass then.

GD