In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Value of German 9mm WWII ammo?

wildmanwildman Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited January 2003 in Ask the Experts
I've got a couple of boxes of what appears to be German WWII pistol ammo. On the outside of the box is says,"16, Pistolenpatronen 08, 1943 kam 13", and has some more German writing on the sticker, with the lower third half of the sticker missing. There is 16 rounds per box, the ammo is green cased and full metal jackets. The base of each cartridge is stamped, "43 kam St+ 4". Anyone got any idea as to how much this is worth per box? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    FHPtrooperFHPtrooper Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Couldn't be sure exactly, but look at some auctions already selling german ammo. Probably get some sort of an idea from it if you compare.
  • Options
    p0838p0838 Member Posts: 248 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Going rate a couple of years ago was about $20.00 /box
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wildman, welcome . . . although, since that was one of my nicknames in my youth, I have to overcome a feeling of plaigerism . . . [:D]

What you have there is the standard German WW2 9mmP ball; looking at my database of auction results, these have sold for $7 - $20, the latter being absolutely pristine sealed boxes. Given your description, my best guess of a realistic selling price would be $15 each. You might get more depending on circumstances. Anything over $12, smile and say thanks.