In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shot gun adapters

SSG ZAGSSG ZAG Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
edited January 2003 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know who makes/ sells the 'sleeves' that convert 12 ga. shot guns to 20 ga. and below? Ive seen them , but can't find a supplier. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    rordogrordog Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not much of a shotgunner, but I know what you are talking about. They only work in doubles and singles. I've seen (in print) Layne Simpson talk them up. Layne writes for "Shooting Times" magazine, maybe a guy could find out something from them.
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    I believe they are available thru Cabela's. If I recall correctly two different brands were available.
  • Options
    ked-marked-mar Member Posts: 89 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try Briley, they make them for about any thing.
    K.J.S.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rordog is correct, they only work in doubles and singles. There are at least 2 types, one common one is: http://www.chambermates.com/ and they are real shot ones that are a little longer than the chamber itself. Also another short type is "little skeeters" which I believe is made by Browning. These types typically run ~$50.00.
    There is another type that is available that is full barrel length. These are fairly expensive and are usually made for classic doubles like the Ruger Red-label and the Browning Citori. I am thinking these run about $400, but pattern better than the "shorties" listed above.

Hopefully that is the info you were after...

It doesn't matter what you shoot, just shoot it well...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.