In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

benelli barrels

jagjag Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
edited January 2003 in Ask the Experts
first, thanks to those who replied. now check this out-no wonder i got different stories from dealers, i called benelli and asked if my black eagle barrel could be used on a montefeltro, i was put on hold then told that it would work but they would not warranty it since they never did any testing on it. then i emailed the same question and was told you can't do it at all! quess the confusion wasn't the dealers fault! thanks again to those who replied. paul

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    does anybody know for SURE if black eagle(not super) and montefeltro barrels are interchangeable? legacy? ive asked AUTHORIZED benelli dealers and have been told yes and no!? i have a rifled slug barrel for a black eagle i may sell and if it can fit a montefeltro or legacy, i think i'd have a better chance as there does not seem to be many black eagles around. thanks for reply, paul
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have an Super 90 M1, will the barrels interchange with any of the the field grade models?
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The blask eagle competition model was replaced by the legacy, and they look identical next to each other, with the exception of wood and receiver embellishment. I would say that if the montefeltro has the 2 piece receiver, where the barrel slides into and under the top half, then the black eagle barrel will work. Just my .02

I'm a man,....but I can change,.....If I have to,......I guess.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Contact Benelli directly or look through their site: http://benelliusa.com/
    There is an email link on there - just ask them if you can't get a definate answer.

It doesn't matter what you shoot, just shoot it well...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Black Eagles and Montefeltro barrels are different. Easiest way to see the difference is the attachment ring under the forearm. Montefeltros and M1 Super 90's have a large diameter ring, the Black Eagle has a small (maybe 3/8"?) hole. There are other differences as previously stated regarding the receivers. Black Eagle has a lower alloy with steel upper....Montefeltro is all alloy.