In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rem 788 value???

kcwhunterkcwhunter Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited February 2003 in Ask the Experts
Can anyone give me a ballpark value of a used model 788 in 243 caliber that is in good shape? Includes 3X9 scope, 2 clips and sling. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Gun Trader's Guide (23rd edition) has it listed at $275 in excellent condition, depending on the brand of the scope, it may add significantly to the price of the gun, or not at all.

P.S. The guide's price is what you'd expect to pay from a dealer, and usually deduct 10% from an individual.

It doesn't matter what you shoot, just shoot it well...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bambihunter, thanks for the reply! Guess I might have to lower my price a little?!
    Kevin
  • Options
    hudakwvhudakwv Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    788 have a cult following. Look at the examples on auction, they often bring considerably more money than the "book" price
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes we agree with the above post . The 788 has a great following and the action is very sought after. We sell them way over book and have no problem selling them. You just have to find the right guy.
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I paid $350.00 plus shipping for a 30/30 and I thought that was a good buy.

[:)] [:p] [:D] [:D] [8D]

ATF
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys for the replies. It is a nice scoped rifle and is extremely accurate. Still I would like to sell it and put the money towards a 454 Casull or a 629 Smith 44 mag!!