In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

single shot bolt

manchie390manchie390 Member Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
edited December 2003 in Ask the Experts
anybody know a source to get old winchester parts? need a bolt for a single shot mod.47 - put WTB in classifieds but i kinda doubt anyone has one just laying around. thanks for any info - want to fix it up for grandson.

rick

Comments

• Options
    Der GebirgsjagerDer Gebirgsjager Member Posts: 1,673 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, I always say, "Have you tried Gun Parts Corp.?", and usually get back a terse reply, "I tried them first, and they don't have it--do you think I'm a moron or something?" But--have you? And, if you have, and they don't, keep on trying because they get new stuff for canibalization all the time, buy out gun shop inventories, etc. Often persistence is rewarded with G.P. Corp., and if you keep trying back every couple of weeks it turns up. Next place to try is the Jack First Co., then Western Gun Parts Co. Also, look in The Shotgun News classifieds under "gun parts for sale" and in The Gun List, because there are a surprising number of small parts dealers out there, and some specialize in those from a specific manufacturer.
  • Options
    win62win62 Member Posts: 150 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's two dealers in Winchester 47 gun parts: Jack First Inc. Phone #605-343-8481 and Outback @ #812-945-0480.
  • Options
    manchie390manchie390 Member Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DER, THANKS, YES, FIRST PLACE I USALLY GO TO HAD BOUT EVERYTHING BUT BOLT
    WIN, THANKS, I'LL GIVEM A CALL

rick