In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Broken 700 Remington bolt Part

chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
edited November 2003 in Ask the Experts
Sure could use some info from the experts on taking the little plunger that kicks the emptys out, Out of my bolt it is stuck in and wont release, tryed tapping on it with a flat punch, but no luck, I just bought it used, but not shot very much, the guy I bought it from said that he thinks it was that way when he bought it new, but didnt know for sure. Looks like their is a roll pin holding the plunger in place, and I know a SPRING that will take off in to never never land. Please Help.

Comments

• Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe it was made/assembled without the spring?

Any gunsmith can disassemble and tell you,..but if it is stuck,..try some Kroil in it and let it soak overnight and see if if loosens up. They get stuck in if they have brass from the case head forced in around them from higher pressure loads. Try also a dentists pick around the ejector,...you may pry some brass out and have it come free.

But,..since you have a few of these fine rifles,..buy the disassemble tools from sinclair or brownells.[8D]

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • Options
    Jody CommanderJody Commander Member Posts: 855 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Might try soaking the stuck plunger with Kroil, or....it may not be stuck, I have seen several rifles set up so they just pulled the empty out so it would not be dropped on the ground, competition Silouhette shooters and some of the varmint shooter also, the cross pin behind the lug does hold the ejector and spring in place,the spring is a fairly stout one and will fly if not careful,
    Good luck,
  • Options
    R-C-NOR-C-NO Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are only worried about the spring going bye bye then try this...
    what I do is put the part in a zip lock bag and seal then with a small hole in the side of the bag, punch the pin out . Pin and parts stay in bag! And no more bye bye springs.
  • Options
    scksck Member Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How old is your Remington? I seem to remember something about a recall a couple of years back. I think that it had something to do with the safety, however, rather than the problem you're describing. It might be worth a phone call to Remington. Best of luck
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    thanks a lot guys, Hey JustC good to see you back, where have you been? Good Idea about getting that tool, I do have a few Remingtons.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    TO 'UNSTICK' A RUSTED/FROZEN REM. (OR ANY OTHER OF THIS TYPE) EJECTOR JUST SOAK IN PENETATING OIL AND THEN APPLY AN ELECTRIC ENGRAVING MARKER WITH A BLUNT TIP TO THE END OF THE EJECTOR. THIS WILL FREE UP THE MOST STUBBORNE EJECTOR.