In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

win mod.47

manchie390manchie390 Member Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
edited December 2003 in Ask the Experts
looked up on windhester DOM site & it stated not numbered 43,000 manufactured - any body know about when these were made? thanks

rick

Comments

• Options
    only winchestersonly winchesters Member Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Manchie390: According to my "Winchester" book, 1949-1954. They were over s/n 43000 when production stopped. No great detail in the book. Hope this helps. Regards Dave
  • Options
    manchie390manchie390 Member Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    THANKS, IT DOES

rick
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello manchie390...

The Model 47 Single Shot Rifle was first listed in the January 1949 price list. The first rifles were delivered to warehouse stock on July 13, 1948. Production ran through 1954, with a total of 43,123 made. It was manufactured in two styles... one with a No. 75 bead front sight and Winchester No. 32 open sporting rear sight, the second style had a No. 97 bead sight mounted on a ramp with a removable sight sight cover, and a receiver peep sight adjustable for windage and elevation.

Bert H.

Real Men use a SINGLE-SHOT!
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,956 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Winchester dates of manufacture states that they were numbered but not serially so no number can be matched to a year of manufacture.

My heros have always killed cowboys.